The Advanced Ipsa Training Course is a hands-on training course for the more advanced user. Delegates will use the advanced Ipsa analysis functions to perform transient stability simulations and harmonic analysis, as well as gaining an insight into protection modelling and grading. The training course makes use of various lectures that excel in these areas of interest. It is recommended that the Introductory Advanced Ipsa Training Course is completed before the advanced course. The course agenda is outlined below;
- Transient and Dynamic Analysis
- Modelling aspects including governors and AVRs
- UDM models
- Plugin Models
- Motor starting
- Generator critical clearing time studies
- Transformer Inrush
- Harmonic Analysis
- Modelling aspects including harmonic sources and background representation
- Impedance scans
- Harmonic voltage studies
- G5/4 compliance
- Protection Modelling
- An introduction to the Protection Device Modelling tool
- Protection Grading studies
- Questions and answers on advanced modelling techniques / issues;
Courses are normally held at our Manchester offices. We will provide computers for the duration of the training course. Delegates may use their own computers but please ensure that the latest version of Ipsa (2.2.2 or above) is installed prior to the start of the course. We can provide temporary Ipsa licenses if required.
Copies of training examples used during the presentations will be distributed prior to the start of the course. Lunches and refreshments are included.
The course cost is £700 + VAT per delegate for both days, as of January 2013.